Decorating Tips for Pergolas in Houston
When you have a pergola installed, one of the things you will need to think about is how to properly decorate it. There are a number of different things to think about with pergolas in Houston. This is why you should know some of the best tips.
Think About Shade
While pergolas are beautiful, they are not the best when it comes to keeping out the hot Texas sun. Just as with patio covers in Houston, you want to make sure your pergola is properly covered. There are many options out there. You can go with cloth in between the wood slats to give coverage. Some people like a more natural route for shade by using vines to cover the frame.
Consider the Functionality
Another thing you will need to think about with the pergola is what you intend to use it for. This will help you to determine the best way to set it up. For instance, if you plan to use it as a sitting area where you can talk with family and friends, then you may want to add patio sofas with end tables rather than a large patio table with chairs. The choice is yours, but you want to make sure it is set up to work for your needs.
Decorating the Pergola
It is also important when you have pergolas in Houston to know how to properly decorate them. There are a few things to keep in mind with this.
- Try to find decorations that coordinate with the style of the patio furniture. This will help to give it a more cohesive look.
- Use the wood slats across the top of the pergola for hanging decorations.
- Plants are a wonderful decoration for the pergola. Talk with your local nursery to find out the best options for the placement of your pergola.
- Make sure that anything you put on the pergola is weather proof as the pergola will not keep out rain, windstorms or other weather issues.
- Do not put too many decorations on the pergola as it will make it feel smaller as well as cramped.
Use Your Imagination
The nice thing about pergolas in Houston is that there are endless options for ways that you can decorate it. Some people like to put wooden windows between the support beams to give a homier feel. While you do not have to do this, there are many ways that you can decorate your pergola.
The main thing to remember when you are decorating is that you want to have fun with it. Take the time to figure out what you are looking for before you get started. By organizing your design ideas, you will be sure to come up with something that not only looks great, but is functional and flows as well.